Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 19, 2015 Sea Day



After a great sleep I wake and Bernie heads down to get our coffees.  Back in the room we both watch a funny movie called Austinland.  I love this interactive TV feature on board.

I head down to the International CafĂ© to relax a bit and do some reading and then we head to the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet that was well attended.  Even the Captain came and chatted to us.  I laughed when the first thing he said was “I know I know this ship needs a midship stairway”. That got a good laugh.


Like on every cruise I want to try something new on each voyage.  Today is the day… they are offering Steel Pan Lessons as a part of a Mardi Gras celebration.  So I head to Club 6 to try my hand at it.  Trevor is coordinating this and his patience is needed.  There were about 30 of us and we actually learned a few things.  We meet again tomorrow for our next lesson.  



For lunch I headed up to the Horizon Court for a quick bite to eat.  I love the layout of this buffet, so easy to get around and lots of seats. 






This afternoon was a blur but if I have to remember it was spent relaxing and catching up with good friends.  We ran into Jim and Lynne who we have sailed with often and we must of spent two hours with them catching up.  

Tonight’s dinner is Crown Grill so we head back to the cabin to get ready.  We start with brambles in Crooners Bar where a great bar waiter has been serving me all day, first in the IC and now in Crooners Josey is his name.  Very attentive and such a joy.  And those Brambles were perfect.

We head to the Crown Grill with Paul and Yvonne and are sat in Degan’s section.  Now tonight is what we expect from the Crown Grill.  Service, food, and atmosphere were top notch.  We had even the hostess come by to ask to refill our wine glasses.  Our head waiter came by to ask how everything was too.  Excellent night!

Oh I should mention that we tried to change out our mini bar.  We called at 9 am and he did advise that it would be later in the day.  No problem, but by 5 pm it still had not been changed.  So I call back and they apologize and promise to do it right away.  After dinner when we return to the room at 11 there is a note that they misplaced the original change order and asked us to call them to coordinate it.  So I call and right away they come and replace it.

Tonight Lisa the CD and her Deputy Simone are hosting the Yes No Game Show, I did get called up but didn’t last long. But I did have fun and that is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment