- First the price has gone up to $59.99 US plus the tip making it a total of $68.99 US per day.
- The name is now the Premier Beverage Package which makes me wonder if there is another drink package that is in the works.
- It includes cocktails that are at a price of $12 and under - use to be $11.
- It now only includes bottled water that is 500 ml, but if you are dining at a Specialty Restaurant you get a litre bottle.
- Canned sodas and bottled juices are no longer included.
- For the items that are not included in the Premier Beverage Package you will receive 25% discount on them (Canned soda, large bottles of water - use to be free. Bottles of wine, which you previously got a 40% discount on).
- The package now will only be sold prior to the cruise and only on embarkation day. Previously it was for sale on board the first and second day.
- There is also a limit of 15 alcoholic drinks per day.
- The package is a final sale once purchased on board, or 3 days prior to sailing if purchased online.
- Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order, including non alcoholic drinks.
- Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
I have to say I am really not surprised with the changes. Princess was late to the game for drink packages and it was the cheapest price for a beverage package from other comparable lines with comparable offerings. (Celebrity is $65 for their premium which is closests to Princess, Holland America is $64 a day).
For us we always enjoy the drink package but it is an expensive perk for us as we just drink too much and then the added price because of the exchange rate. One of the things we really enjoyed was the large sparkling water and even buying bottles of wine. So since we now don't get the large bottles of water and the bottled wine discount is only 25% off it really just doesn't make sense to buy the package.
However booking a cruise that has a sip and sail promo may be more enticing. Note we have the drink package for our 49 day South America trip in 2019 - YEAH.
Here are the details of Princess' new Premier Beverage Package from their website.
THE PREMIER BEVERAGE PACKAGE
Terms & Conditions 2017
The Premier Beverage Package is offered at $59.99 USD per day plus a 15% service charge (totaling $68.99 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australia-based vessels, the package is $86.99 AUD per day including the service charge. The full amount due for the complete voyage will be charged at the time of purchase.
Your Premier Beverage Package includes:
- All beer, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s) or $16.00 AUD and under for ships based in Australia
- Bottled water (500ml only)
- Fountain sodas, fresh juices ( if available), specialty coffees and teas, Red Bull energy drinks
- Gong Cha items (if available)
- Frappe’s at Coffee & Cones
- Smoothies and milk shakes (if available)
- Enjoy the convenience of your beverage package on our Private Islands and all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service
- The package includes an extra 25% discount on the following items that are otherwise excluded from the package:
All bottles of wine
- One-liter bottles of water (if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package)
- Canned soda, and bottled juices
- Purchase information and package details and qualifications:
- Guests must purchase the Premier Beverage Package for every day of sailing. Partial or prorated packages or segments will not be accepted.
The package may be pre-purchased up to 4 days prior to boarding the vessel. It is not available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing but is offered on board on embarkation day. It is not sold after embarkation day.
Package sales are final within 3 days of sailing or once purchased on board.
The package is not available for voyages of fewer than 7 nights for Australia-based itineraries or fewer than 2 nights for all other itineraries.
Please note that age restrictions will apply for purchases of the Premier Beverage Package.
Terms and Conditions
Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.) Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices. Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation, nor do they count towards this maximum.
Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16.00 AUD price are charged at full menu price. Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices
Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Guests that pre-purchased the All-Inclusive Beverage Package prior to September 19, 2017 or that took advantage of the 2017 Sip + Sail promotion will have terms and conditions of the Premier Beverage Package apply.
Exclusions and Limitations:
Please note that there are some exclusions from the Premier Beverage Package: Spirits or bottled wine or any items offered in retail venues or shops on board. Beverages offered via self-service or vending machines. Souvenir glassware is excluded but is available for the additional charge of the glass only.
The Premier Beverage Package cannot be combined with other programs, promotions, onboard specials, or events, such as: group or charter events, room service items, minibar items, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar functions, wine tastings, chefs tables, buckets of beer, buy one get one type offers, specialty dining cover charges, food items for sale such as ice-cream etc.
Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency (Australia as an example) packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.
Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented without notice.
Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions, revoke or cancel the Premier Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:
- Become intoxicated
- Provide beverages to the other guests or do not comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package
- Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to the other cruise guests or staff
- Exceed or attempt to circumvent the daily limits and service limitations outlined