Since we decided to stay on board and got our books and settled in the International Café and read for quite a while.
Lunch in the Horizon Court was very busy and we got a big plate of salad.
The afternoon was filled with reading, movie watching, trivia (for which Bernie won a keychain flashlight).
Drinks with our friends in their cabin.
Watched the documentary Black Fish about the Orcas in captivity. Very interesting, in fact we were late to dinner because of it.
Dinner in Da Vinci with Mark and Lorelei and it is quiet in here tonight. We start with the pesto pasta dish, then a beet salad, then for my entrée I had the fajitas and Bernie had the Orange Ruffi which took a long time (apparently they were having to fish off the back of the ship for it Lorelei said). For dessert I had the Black Forest Cake, which I normally don’t do but oh it was so good.
We wander around venue to venue after dinner. Explorer’s is hosting the 70s show. Piano player in Princess Theater with a Beatles tribute and that is popular. We pop in and see Sonja in Facets and she surprises us with a lovely gift of thanks – we appreciate and will enjoy it with dinner Sonja.
Back in the cabin we turn on the Wake Show and Lisa reads out my letter in its entirety. Both Lisa and Dan had a good laugh. The letter went something like this:
Lisa and Dan, we are loving our cruise; but could you arrange the following:
- Movies to be played in every venue and on every channel 24 hours a day
- Personally autographed book club books for every passenger
- The lights on the balconies to flash on and off whenever the Captain makes his announcement so we know to listen.
- Help us figure out how to turn the lights on in the cabin from our bed.
- Make me look 20 years younger.
- Trivia for stupider people like me.
- Zumba class where everyone has to wear a Carnival costume.
- Muts to have heat and gin and tonics served 24 hours a day.
- The waves in the pool to stop.
- And finally for everyone to enjoy the journey not just the destination.
I am surprised she read it entirely but glad she did too, but I bet a lot of people will write in and complain about it too.