Friday, October 4, 2024

4 Months on a Cruise Ship - Am I Ready?

 


If you have been following along you will know we are off to the Majestic Princess for the winter where I will once again be the Destination Experty on board.  Read the blog here for details on sailings.  Majestic for 4 months blog

I finished all my work on all my talks a few weeks ago.  I am the kind of person that when I have a project I don't rest until it is done.  I also can't move on to a new project till the first one is done too.  It is good and a bad trait.

So for the four weeks before we leave we can focus on getting ready for four months away.

We have spent numerous winters away for exctended periods.  I think this is our 4th winter away since we retired.  We have this down to a science.  Key for me - Lists!  Key for my hubby - Check Vickie's List!

No really lists are key for me.  It gets that task out of my head and onto paper.  It is also a spot where Bernie can add to it and also see what needs to get done.

The list is quite scattered. Here are some items:

  • Plant the garlic
  • Clean the garden beds and put them to bed for winter
  • Arrange for snow removal while away (resourceful young neighbours have this one!)
  • Get US cash
  • Update phone apps
  • Gather toilitries
  • Get perscriptions
  • Book last Doctor's appointments
  • Pedicure
  • Iron clothes
  • Pause streaming services
  • Charge outdoor camera batteries
See quite scattered.  And the list is LONG.  But over half of the items are scratched off now.

We now have a bed in our spare room upstairs so it has become the "packing room".  As we stock up on things, or find something we need (like Halloween costumes, snorkel gear, umbrella etc) it gets thrown on the bed.

We have some family staying here periodically so the house will at least get lived in.  And we are so lucky we have so many great neighbours that are checking into the house all the time.  

I have all our booking numbers in the Medallion App.  Which I should say is working well.  This is the first time I use the newer updated Medallion App and I find it flows better for putting in all our details and manuvering around the app.  

Stay tuned for departure.  I won't be blogging every day - a little dull, but if I think there is something worth sharing I will post.

Thanks for following.

No comments:

Post a Comment