Friday, January 26, 2018

St. Kitts


We arrive a little later into St. Kitts today – 9 am. When we wake we are pulling in backwards so we are out on the balcony watching the Captain back us in.  It is a pretty cool sight to see.  Today the port side faces the pier.

The weather is lovely.  Patter says it will be 26C/79F and no rain.  St. Kitts is great because there is often a nice breeze that keeps the heat down.

Once again we are in port with Celebrity Reflection – Hi Alice, who is on board.

Today I dress and head up to the Horizon Court with Bernie for breakfast. It is rather busy there for 9 am but I guess like us people are enjoying the later start.

I quickly grab some food – scrambled eggs, lots of fruit and a piece of toast.  I gave up trying to get to the butter.  It just was not worth the maze of people to get to it – and I should do without it anyways.

We decide to eat outside in the aft area – although it is quite breezy.  We sit with a lovely couple who live in Las Vegas.  One reason I love to cruise is all the great people we get to meet.

I need to get my blogs posted so I head down to the International Café and sit there and start posting.  I have like three days to get up.  I had them all written but it is taking a long time to get pages to load – especially Facebook.  It is so bad that I have to warn you all that I may get the blog posted but may not be able to copy the link to the Facebook page so keep checking back for new blogs and hopefully others can share the links to the new blogs as they come up.

Oh I forgot to tell you that yesterday I had logged on to the internet and it showed I had zero minutes left when I know I had over a 100 minutes left.  Not sure what happened but maybe I forgot to log out.  I again just wrote a note for the internet manager and left it on his desk as he dealt with so many people in a queue.  Within an hour I had a 100 minutes credited to my account.  So I recommend if you have a simple issue with the internet just leave a note for him.

We run in to a few friends and chat with them.  And I finally get up-to-date with my blog posts.

Bernie is wanting to go ashore for a few things and I really just want to relax on board the ship today.  So we split up for the day and Bernie heads ashore.


I on the other hand head to the Enclave and boy did I enjoy it.  During the entire time I only encountered one person.  I went from the deep whirlpool to each of the rooms.  It was pure bliss.  I tell you if you enjoy spa pool/steam rooms and relaxing stone beds definitely try out the Enclave.

On my way back to the cabin I grab my favorite salad from the International café – orzo pasta with goat cheese and cranberries.  Yummy.



I grab a Sudoku puzzle from the library and notice they have restocked the games – numerous options.  Still minimal books but most people now use an electronic reader.

Once in the cabin I crawl into the comfy beds (note the new Princess bed experience - still full duvet cover- has not been implemented here but the bed is still very comfortable) and start the movie Victoria and Abdul.  It was a good movie and I am glad I got a chance to watch it.

I fall asleep and have a well needed nap. 

As we are pulling in the lines to leave St. Kitts the Captain comes on in all the cabins.  We both comment that there must be more to the message than his normal “we are leaving – fill in the port name - and this is what you can expect”.  Yup there is a storm brewing in the Atlantic and because of this they have (when I mean they I am referring to the Captain and his officers and with Head Office) to skip Grand Turk as that would put us in line with the storm and it would be rather unpleasant for all.

Instead our stop in St. Thomas is being extended from a 4 pm all aboard to a 6:30 pm all aboard.  We will then travel up the Old Bahamian Channel that will shelter us from the storm.  I will report later how it goes but I am not anticipating a horrible ride but maybe a bit bumpy.

Tonight, we meet up with Meghan and Michael for drinks in Vines.  We all head to dinner together and then end up watching the Santa Clarita Diet episodes that Meghan brought.  Sure it was not exciting and action packed night but it was a fun night with friends and lots of good laughs.  Key is to do what you want to do when on board.

Events today included:

Bible Study, Mah-jongg and Bridge Players Get Together, Team Trivia, Soccer Shootout, Afternoon Movie: Wind River, Charades, Putt Putt Golf Challenge, Afternoon Tea, Team Trivia.

Evening Entertainment included:

Tyronne Babb playing the Steel Drum in Wheelhouse, MUTS Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, Topaz band playing music in the Atrium, Who Sang It? Double Trouble trivia, Perry Grant in Crooners, Comedian Robbie Printz, Ye Olde Pub Night, Famous Faces Trivia, TV Theme Tune Trivia and so much more.

There are some sales happening too and I wanted to report that they are selling a Go Pro Hero 5 for $299 (no idea if that is a good deal or not – let me know).


Lotus Spa has a Top to Toe deal, includes a muscle melting full body massage, soothing foot and head massage plus a spa facial 75 minutes for price of $149

3 comments:

  1. Go Pro Hero 5 $299 on Amazon Prime also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon currently has a holiday deal including memory card and head mount for C$279. so perhaps not a great onboard deal.

    ReplyDelete