Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Monday Morning - Arrival into Antigua


Had such a good sleep last night.  There is just something about being at sea and the rocking of the ship to help me sleep. Much better than last night.

I actually sleep in until 9 am and did not even notice that we had docked.  What! 

Weather looks good.  Forecast says it will be 26C/78F and a possibility of showers. When I look out the window it does look nice but there are a few showers and then sun.  So be prepare for everything.




I turn on the wake show and watch Matt O. I am really enjoying him as a Cruise Director, especially all his energy.  

It is cute today because the new, and by new I am mean BRAND NEW Cruise Staff Ryan.  First contract and first cruise ever!  He is smiling and he is being thrown in head first.



  
Yesterday I saw him in the middle of the line dancing trying to learn the steps.  I think it is exciting for him and look to see him progress in the next few cruises.  I like that Matt brings different cruise staff on the Wake Show every day and we get to learn about them.

I finally get my blog posts updated this morning.  With so many people ashore it loads a little bit faster. But have to admit I have to be in the right frame of mind to write and post.

So today we dock at 8 am and all aboard at 4:30 with sailing at 5 pm.

Today we don’t have major plans, our thought is to head off and get lunch but other than that we have no major plans.  We have two busy ports coming up and knew today we did not want to plan anything big.



But for those who have not been here I highly recommend one of the many beaches here.  They say there are 365 beaches here, so one for every day.  Or if you are not into beaches Nelson’s Dockyard and Shirley Heights is a great site to check out.  Or just walk off and check out the town St. John’s. 

So I will continue to drink my soy latte (yes all coffee bars on board have soy) and finish watching the Wake Show.

Events this morning:  Bible Study, Walk a Mile, Knitters and Needlepoint Get Together, Basketball Around the World, Team Trivia, Pickle Ball Open Play, Concert Billy Joel on Muts, Golf Putting.

No comments:

Post a Comment