Saturday, April 8, 2017

Day in Fort Lauderdale

We sleep like a rock with intermittent waking up wondering where the heck am I.  

This hotel is sort of in the middle of nowhere.  Normally we rent a car and drive around but again car rentals were crazy here.  After checking google maps we see a Starbucks is within walking distance so we head there and all is good in the world when I get my coffee.

Now trying to find someplace to get breakfast. Not as easy as you would think, there are a lot of strip malls in the area but nothing that has a place for breakfast. After walking around for a half hour we give up and head back to the hotel. We later realize we would of been better turning right instead of left on leaving the hotel for many food options.

We request an Uber ride to Sawgrass Mills Mall and first stop is someplace for lunch – we are starving!

PJ Changs – our first visit to this restaurant but Bernie’s sister loves it.  The food is very good, the service, not so good. But it is really only our waiter who seems to be distracted by her phone and someone she knows dining in her section.  She spends more time sitting at their table than getting us food.

Me sitting outside Tommy Bahama Store waiting for Bernie

We wander around the mall shopping – Bernie found some new items from Tommy Bahama store and we were able to get his Bose earphone’s updated with new ear padding.  His had worn down from his beard rubbing it for so many years.

After a few hours we are tired and really getting cranky. That first day after a FULL day of travel and a three hour time change has caught up to us.  We get back to the hotel and crawl into bed and we both fall asleep very fast.  

We sleep for two hours and wake feeling refreshed.
Dinner is at Carrabbas Italian restaurant – certainly not authentic Italian like we are use to in Italy but it is very good and the service fabulous.  

We are back at the hotel 10 pm and excited about tomorrow and boarding the Royal Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment