Sunday, August 18, 2024

Sea Day


The clocks went back, but the app and time on the tv did not. Guests are all in a flutter and are upset!  

Apparently IT had an issue and it should be resolved soon.  

I head up for breakfast and decide a fried egg is what I want.  I love that they make everything there fresh so it is hot.  But that causes waits.  It took five minutes of waiting in line, then time to cook it.  Oh then I had to get in line for toast.

The Captain has made the official call.  We are rerouting to the west side of Newfoundland to stay away from the cone of hurricane Ernesto.  Even though St. John's will not be in the direct path the path is still just east of it and the seas will not be nice.  Good call.

Instead we will make a call into Cornerbrook.  Some guests are not happy as they stopped here on the first leg.  We don't mind.  I have never been so I am looking forward to it.

I attend the coffee chat with Kimberly, the cruise director and her guest is first officer Pim.  Very interesting.  Again I love this idea of coffee chats.

I then head to the theater for my lecture called Expulsion of the Acadians from Nova Scotia.  It is one of my drier talks but very informative but tragic.  The theater is full and well received.

For lunch there are having a dim sum station in the buffet.  I tried to get some but the queue was crazy.  They actually had ropes for the queue, like the kind you find at a bank.  I skip it and get Asian food which is always good.  

Bernie and I spend the afternoon reading and catching up on things.   

We try to watch the port talk on our cabin tv but the talks are so frustrating to watch due to buffering every minute or so.  Not sure why this happens but really a negative.

We attend afternoon tea and we sit at a table of 8 and really enjoyed the company.  When we ran out of sandwiches the waiter automatically replenished the plate.  They do an excellent afternoon tea.

Tonight is dinner, but not sure where.  The last few times in the dining room have not been good food but we may try again.  I really don't want to line up for food in the buffet again.



And then the show we have been waiting for.  Breton Thunder.  Which was amazing.





No comments:

Post a Comment