Thursday, August 15, 2024

Sea Day with Coffee Chat and Lecture

me doing a screeching in - not official though

This morning, myself and Dr Paxton, the other lecturer, are Kimberly, the Cruise Director's guests on her coffee chat.  She asks questions to us then she opens it up to the floor for questions.  It was fun.  She also does a cocktails with Kimberly too, in the early evening.  There is no Wake Show here.  Kinda miss it.

Dr. Paxton has a talk just prior to mine about art and weather and that was very interesting.  

Today my talk is Newfoundland Living On The Rock about the people of Newfoundland.  It was a full house and a lot of fun.

I head upstairs to the buffet for lunch.  Today is India's Independence Day and in honour there is a wonderful Indian themed section.   But the line is about 25 people long and there isn't a seat available to sit so I head to the covered pool, which is lovely, although the sound reverberates like crazy but very loud.  I hang here for an hour and head back to try again at 1 pm.

I manage to get food but have a hard time finding a seat.  Thankfully someone allows me to join them.  Princess has much more seating I find.  Although you may have to sit in one other other seating areas like near the pastry shop.

I find a nice quiet spot to read.  This ship has lots of comfortable spots to read that are quiet.

Bernie and I meet up and head to afternoon tea in the dining room.  It is beautifully presented like a true afternoon tea.  But not much selection.  At our table of 6 there are only two scones, two of each sandwich and a pastry each.  

Enough food, but once someone takes what you want it is gone.  I prefer Princess where they come around and present the tray of a variety of sandwiches, scones and cakes.  But not a big issue.  Update: we attended another afternoon tea and they replenished the plates when items were missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment