Tuesday, August 6, 2024

First Day Sightseeing


We decided to explore the city by using the hop on hop off bus tour.  Something we do often when visiting a new city.

I booked the tickets the day prior with City Sightseeing Dublin.  Tickets were sent to my email and all I had to do is show them to the driver when boarding.

I should back track.  I am trying to adjust to the 4 hour time change.  Although I quickly fell asleep last night after a fun night I was wide awake at 2 am!  I managed to fall back asleep around 4.  This adjustment may take a few days.

Ben is off to work this morning so we putter around, have breakfast and head out to catch the bus.  Definitely try taking transit here.  Super easy and with google maps for directions what could go wrong.  . 







We take the bus downtown.  Super easy and only 2 Euros each.  We wait a bit at the Hop On Hop Off stop number one for the bus.  We grab a seat uptop on the open area.  A little cool and a few sprinkles but so nice.   


At one point we couldn't stay awake.  We kept nodding off!  So the open air helped.


We saw a lot, and learned a lot.  It gives a great overview of the city.  This was a tour I would recommend.  Not the best HOHO, which goes to Boston but not the worst, which goes to Santiago Chile.   In all it took around 2.5 hours to do entire route. 


We got off at the beginning of the route and went searching for some lunch.  Initially we tried to find a local pub but they all were packed and couldn't get in.  So we opted for Italian at Zizzi.  And it was delightful, quick, and reasonable.  



We know we have reached our limit and need a nap if we want to go out tonight.  So back on the bus to Ben's and we sleep for two hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment