Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Pub Night and Dealing With Fibromyalgia

Once Ben gets home we head out for a walk around a lovely garden near his home called Albert College Park.

We settle at his local pub The Comet.  A local hangout where we are welcomed.

Simple but flavourful pub food fills our belly and we are happy.  


It is so great to spend time with Ben.  

Back at his place we have some wine and chat all the way to midnight.

Once again I try to sleep but I am having a hard time, due to my recently diagnosed Fibromyalgia.   This is the first time I mention it here.  I know I have been suffering for a long time with it, but just thought it was normal.  Until last year while on the Caribbean Princess my legs were causing so many issues.  I thought it was a knee issue.  But after so many tests, so much bloodwork my new doctor said I think it is Fibromyalgia.  

I am still learning about all of it, but everything lines up.  When we return home I have a follow-up appointment to discuss where we go from here.

For now I often have trouble getting to sleep due to the pain and wake throughout the night or early morning and can't get back to sleep.  I am working on relaxing, meditating, and focusing on my body and its needs. 

So here I am at 3 am writing up this blog because I can't sleep due to a flare up, which was triggered by a 5 hour flight, more stress, and time change.  

No comments:

Post a Comment