Dressed and ready for the evening we walk down and chat with Riz Sirilan the Captain Circle Host. This our first time sailing with Riz and by the end of the cruise I am sure she will be part of our Princess Family.
There are not many Elite Passengers (later I find out there are only 49 Elites) this sailing and we are told we are part of the top 40 passengers and just missed being in the top three by a few days. But we are happy just to be including in the top 40. I don’t usually ask what the cut off is for the party but I know it must be low as we are in the mid 400s.
|Bernie and Ashwin|
Walking down the Promenade we run into Ashwin Koli who is the Assistant Shop Manager and who we met on the Grand and travelled to Puerto Vallarta (you can read it here) with some of the other shoppies last November.
Elite Lounge is up in Skywalkers and it is very quiet up there at 6:30, but we are told that it was a bit busier earlier. The drink is the Margarita but they allow us to order any of the drinks for the Elite Lounge for the $5. The view is stunning with Mount Rainier in the background.
Tonight’s dinner is at the Crown Grill with Mark. We are sat at a lovely booth and we order a bottle of Ancient Peaks Merlot.
The menu is the standard Crown Grill Menu, (here is a link to the Crown Grill Menu) but they have some added features for Alaska.
I start with the lamb carpaccio with gooseberry chutney and then the spinach and goat cheese with heirloom tomatoes. I love that salad.
The lamb appetizer is so good especially a sweet gooseberry chutney that is served with it.
Bernie had the prawn appetizer and the salad too. For my entrée I had the fillet mignon and Bernie had the rack of lamb.
My steak was cooked perfectly but seemed to have been sitting for awhile as a lot of the juice from was gone.
I especially love the assorted cheese plate that Mark brought us which along with those amazing rolls and the wine tickled our pallet.
Dessert was the Norman Love feature the Peanut Butter Bar and Bernie had the Lemon Meringue Pudding Tart. Oh what a great meal, great service and wonderful company. As we raise our glasses to another great adventure.
On the way out we run into the Maitre D’ Federico Milano and he is surprised to see us on board again. We ask about his wife Monica but sadly she has just gone home.
There is a lot going on tonight but we are beat and return to the cabin around 11 pm and crash knowing we will be rocked to sleep.
The officers who are on board are the following: Captain Heikki Laakkonen, Staff Captain Marcello Mancini, Chief Engineer Tomislav Jukic, Hotel General Manager Claudio Mazzoni, Cruise Director Kelvin Joy, Senior Doctor Mark Mason, Food and Beverage Director Michael Glass, Customer Services Director Nelson Neiva Da Silva, Human Resources Manager Susan Watson, Executive Housekeeper Michael Collins, Corporate Executive Chef Jean Peter Seidel, Maitre d'Hotel Federico Arcos Cantos, Environmental Officer Georgi Takov.
Lots going on tonight though:
- Cabin Movie - Juno, MUTS Billy Joel Concert, and The Rewrite
- Dining Room Inquiries from 1 to 3 pm in Michelangelo Dining Room
- Muster Drill was at 3:30
- North To Alaska with Guitar Vocalist Will Dickerson
- LGBT Gathering
- Welcome Aboard Trivia at 7
- Music and Dancing with the Tritone Duo in Wheelhouse
- Shopping Party at Sea with the Jewelry Team in Facets
- Party Band Icon in Explorers
- Welcome Aboard Show with Comedian Ritch Shydner at 7:45 and 9:30
- Evening Music Trivia: Hits of Yesterday
- Music in Adagio - The Elegy Duo
- Texas Holdem School
- David Moore Piano Entertainer in Crooners
- Singles and Solos Meet and Greet
- Stateroom Movie: Say Anything
- 18-20s get together in Club Fusion
- Happy Hour Buy One Get one for $1 at Skywalkers 11-midnight
- All Inclusive Beverages of up to $10 per drink for $49 a day plus 15% gratuity
- Boutiques Onboard 2 days Only save an extra 10% off your tax and duty free purchase of $10 or more.
- Lotus Spa Embarkation Day Upgrade - today only receive complimentary upgrade on select signature spa services
- Photo Dept. purchase your embarkation photo set and receive a free USB thumb drive, digital file and VIP membership with your passport to value coupon
- Internet Cafe embarkation special - purchase an internet time plan today and receive up to 40 additional minutes free