Sunday, August 16, 2015

Birthday Dinner in the Crown Grill


What a treat.  I have never sailed during my birthday. We often are at sea for Bernie's birthday but never for mine. So to get to have a meal in the Crown Grill, served by Mark, our favorite waiter on board and with friends, and with my amazing husband. I just can't ask for anything more.  I feel blessed.


But first here is a run down of what is happening on board:

  • North to Alaska Folkloric Show with Steve Hites 8:15
  • Evening Game Show - Jeopardize Trivia
  • Comedian Rich Shydner 7:00 and 8:15
  • Ballroom Blitz - Jive Class
  • Stateroom movie is Focus
  • 60s Music Trivia 9:15
  • Alaskan Midnight Sun Sailaway with Live Music from Will Dickerson - Come and enjoy beautiful Alaskan scenery (blankets provided) Outriggers Bar Deck 15 Aft 9:15 
  • Evening Game Show: Fish Stories - about Sharks 9:15
  • Cruise Cult Classic Rock n' Roll Night
  • Movies Under the Stars - The Longest Ride 10;00 pm 
  • The Yes/No Gameshow 10:45
We arrive and are sat at a both that we really like (also called the fishbowl by the staff).  


Earlier Bernie had dropped off the bottle of champagne that I had asked for for my birthday -- Perrier-Jouet, Blason Rose from France.   It was sitting in the bucket beside our table when we arrived. Also a bottle of wine from Stefano and Nelson was a surprise and appreciated.  Oh forgot to say that earlier they called the cabin and on speaker phone sang Happy Birthday to me.  Lovely



Ashwin is joining us for dinner and Tammi too.  We just met Tammi this voyage, she is from Halifax and so it is nice to connect with someone from home and Bernie originally is from Nova Scotia.  And of course we know Ashwin for quite a while now.

I start with the Pan Seared Pacific Scallops


Then I had that amazing Heirloom Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese and Beets - sorry forgot to take a picture.

For my entree I really wanted to try one of the new Alaskan Special Menu items and I chose the Halibut.  It was like butter!



You can see the lovely cheese plate that Mark prepared for us too.  Lovely to munch on in between courses and along with the wine.

Of course the waiters came out and sing Happy Birthday. They even had balloons for me.  


Was so touched too that Riza came down from Sabatinis where she is a waiter to wish me a Happy Birthday.  Here is a picture of Mark and Riza sandwich of all love and kindness. 


After dinner Bernie insists that we head to Crooners to say hi to Red - he hasn't seen us yet today and he wants to see me.  When we arrive he too gives me a gift!  


It is amazing how the world brings such great people into our lives.  I want them to know that they mean the world to us.  They brighten our day when we see them.  We love hearing from them when we are home, and we really love seeing them outside of their work environment whether it is in Vancouver or they home city.  

They are our Princess Family!

1 comment:

  1. So happy you had a wonderful birthday. You do so much for others, glad to see it come back to you

    ReplyDelete