Monday, February 19, 2018

First Evening - Last Leg


Back on board, which took little time once we cleared security.  We did have one bottle of wine and nothing was said about it.  There was a table set up just past security to go if you had more than two bottles.

Oh and just when we were walking on we ran into Todd and Sue Anderson who were on the first cruise and who we got to know.  We are so happy to see them again!

Bernie is resting in the cabin and I head back off the ship to get higher wifi and load some off line Netflix shows. I don’t get back on until just after 3 pm.   Of course the elevators are a big issue on embarkation day as most are locked off for embarking passengers and so long queues form and grumbling passengers complain about elevators already.

Right after Muster we head up to Todd and Sue’s cabin which is the cabin on Marina deck forward that has a deck right over the bridge wing.  It is now one of the Club Class Mini Suites and we love the layout.  There are pictures of it in my Youtube video of cabins on the Royal.  


Regal Leaving

Since the port is so darn busy we are late leaving and in a long queue that felt more like a parade. 


Crown Leaving

I took some pictures of the parade and also the new pier building they are constructing right next to us – I believe it is Pier 25. 



taken from Pier 21

I have to share.  We had been searching high and low for a bag of the Purdy’s chocolate bars that we had in the last cabin that we could not find in the new cabin.  The last we saw it, it was in the fridge of the old cabin, but I emptied it, or did I.  Bernie went back to see our old cabin steward to see if he knew.  The steward said yes it was in the fridge but they threw it out as it was food.  

Bernie said you knew we were in transit and even knew our new cabin number why would you not deliver it to us.  He said the chocolates were all wet.  Which we know is not possible as they were on top of the ice bucket.  Each is individually sealed and then they all were in another bag that was closed.  It is not a huge deal and the bag of chocolates is only about $15 but it is the principal and rather disappointed on how he acted and how he lied.

We shower and dress for dinner.  We are off to dinner at Sabatinis and I am in a bit of a funk and feeling sad.  It has been a hard day with a few issues.  Also all the crowds in port, and then the new passengers and saying goodbye to so many great friends last voyage doesn’t help.  I also have two very close Aunts who are very ill and in hospital in Quebec and I am worried about them. 

But dinner with two great men – Dylan joined us – make me smile and laugh, just what I need.


Bernie's Shrimp dish



I had the lobster three ways, which I still find way too rich and only finish half of it.  

Have to say tonight's meal was some of the best services we have ever received in Sabatinis.  Our server just arrived today and she was really on the ball.  Gee considering she just flew in from Eastern Europe and the time change she shines.

For dessert I had the lemon tart.


No comments:

Post a Comment