Monday, April 4, 2022

Spice Island Grenada

I am someone who loves Grenada, yeah it is not full of fancy boutiques, big resorts, or huge white sand beaches.  If you are looking for an Aruba like place, this is not it.  
But it is real!  Real people, real shops, volcanic beaches, although there are some pretty nice beaches here too.

Sadly we aren't here long otherwise I would of gone to the beach.  Instead we will just go ashore for a short while to mainly get spices.

Now the terminal has lots and lots of shops.  But we venture out and a few blocks away to the market where the locals go.  Outside is fruit, vegetables and then under cover is where you can find lots of spices and sauces, etc.  Here is a map. The X marks the entrance to the terminal.

We buy lots, nutmeg $10 for huge bag with maybe 30 nutmeg.  Ground cinnamon, spice packets in wicker baskets (the bag had 5 baskets for $5 each Ir $25 to start, in the end we paid $15) vanilla, banana ketchup, hot sauce, and other things I just can't recall. 


The locals are so kind and helpful and so happy to have us back.  We are so happy to be back.

We do check out the duty free liquor but the items we want are actually cheaper in the US or close to what we pay in Canada.  We did pre purchase some bottles from the online shop.  Grand Marnier and Vodka mango flavour. 

We are docked beside an RCL ship.  It us so small next to us!  

Back on board around 11 we drop our purchases off in the cabin.  Bernie wants some sun, I don't want to overdo it in the sun so I tell him we can meet up later.  

Since breakfast was just an avocado egg bread slice I am hungry.  And visit the Worldfresh Marketplace.  I love the little dishes of food.  I choose a dish that has Kofta, small meatball type of pieces of meat in small log forms.  However when I cut it, it is completely raw.  Now rare may be ok but I have had this before and I am sure they should not be raw and cool inside.  I inform a supervisor and he brings the chef over.  He apologizes and will deal with it.  They keep asking for my cabin number but I say I am fine, don't need anything.  However I later thought heck they can tell what my cabin is from the app.  I settle for some lentil salad and a green salad.


Bernie us lounging in the sun.  I find a spot just outside the sanctuary where there is a couch and chairs and shaded,  after an hour I am done.  I need a nap.  Bernie is off getting lunch.  

Now I am back in the cabin, not sleeping but getting my blog up to date.  You can't fall behind, or you will never catch up.

Tonight is dinner at the Bistro Sur Le Mer, which we loved on Majestic so excited about tonight.   I will create a new blog to report on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment