Friday, April 1, 2022

Sea Day


When we woke early we both commented what a great sleep we had.  These beds are the best.

We had put out our room service menu last night.  Why you can't order via the app or tv the breakfast order is beyond me.  But hey we still have the option to put in writing extra items if necessary.  

Like today we added cappuccino and guess what we got it.  Of course I doubted it would happen but Bernie did not.  But I covered my bets and sure enough one came with breakfast the 2nd one arrived shortly after.  Needless to say after 2 cappuccinos I was ready to take on the day.


Oh and breakfast showed up in the right time frame and correct.  Milk for cereal was warm, but hey I will count my blessings.

Today is the Most Travelled Lucheon.  It is in Amalfi dining room at noon.  

I am always honoured to be included.  Although because of Covid Commodore Nash was not there.  A few Hotel Dept officers were there and they welcomed us which was nice.  No longer does a senior officer host a table.  I understand why, they can't risk the close contact.  I am concerned that this will become more permanent, which would be a shame.

We are sat with 2 other couples.  One from Alaska and the other from Ontario.  We had the best time.  Probably one of the best tables we have ever sat at.  Fluid conversation where no one dominated.  No bragging or trying to out do the next one.  Also found out the couple from Ontario will be on our Greenland trip.

The meal was outstanding.  Wine, then I had the tuna, then the seabass.  Omg they both were amazing.  The seabass was like butter.


Dessert was yummy too.

After lunch I updated the blog, then added a ton of pics about the medallion app.  Check out my Facebook page for those albums.

I also attended the lecture called coming face to face with a great white shark.  Excellent, looking forward to the next one.


For our evening.  Well, it is formal, but we are sticking with smart casual.

Cocktails in the elite lounge.  Dinner was in Gigi's Pizzaria.  Did not want to do dining room again after last night.  The pizza was perfectly cooked!  

Then we spent the rest of the evening in Princess Live.  Yes No Game Show which I sucked at, then Musical Divas trivia which we won.

No comments:

Post a Comment