Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Sydney Sail Away



For sailaway we headed to our friend's cabin and brought a bit of Cape Breton with us.

Of course some Cape Breton music.

We enjoyed a drink and some snacks and pointed out our home as we sailed past.

Tonight we are heading to the dining room for supper.  We rarely choose traditional dining but for this voyage we wanted to have a set table and with second seating being at 7:15 it seemed like a good idea.

Normally we don't like having a set schedule and trust me even 7:15 is hard for us to get to on time and there are often events we want to attend but because of the set dining time we can not be as fluid as we would like.

We have a lovely table for two in the Palm Dining room.  Our waiters seemed shocked to see us.  We explain how we were too tired the first night, then it was Sabatinis, then it was Planks.  But we are here now.

Food was very good.  I had the Thai soup to start, then the scallops for my entree.  All washed down with a delicious bottle of wine.  Well not all of the bottle, we corked the rest for another night.

Was surprised that not a single Supervisor came to visit our table, or any table for that matter in our section.

After dinner we rushed to Explorer's Lounge to attend the Yes No Game Show.  Yeah I love that game.  I did put my name in and I got chosen.  The bigger issue was trying to find a seat.  The place is very busy.  And this seems to be a problem on board this sailing -- very difficult to find seats at any venue.  People here are really getting out and enjoying everything.  Mind you the weather is too cold to go out and enjoy Mutts or anything outside.

As we were standing near the back searching for something a couple at a table for four removed their items from the extra chairs and said we could join them.  How nice.  Seems they were saving them for their friends who they then checked the app to see that their friends were in the Princess Theater.  So the app was a real positive and helped us get seats in the lounge.

DuVal the cruise director was the one who quizzed me.  And I won!  I lasted past three minutes.  I took the champagne and gave it to the couple who gave us the seats.  I always say you should pay it forward.

Back to the cabin and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment