Friday, October 25, 2019

Quebec


We wake up rested and ready to take on the day.

I wanted to touch base on the Medallion.  Yes I can actually get in my cabin with it.  You may remember that on my last two cruise it was never allowing me to open the cabin.

I did download the new app and was excited that it encompasses the four separate apps that we use to have to use. But using it is not very fluid.  Doesn't flow.  Now I am quite techie and found I was searching for the options.

Then I wanted to add our friends to my contacts.  But to do that you have to go into Ocean Compass and what do they want me to do?  But download the Ocean Compass App!  Gee I had just deleted that app when I downloaded the newest app that was suppose to replace all the others.

So I open the newly downloaded app and then try to add my friends.  There now is a search function for us to find our friends by name.  You still have to have them approve you.  You can even opt out of them tracking you with the wayward function.

Also finding your bill is not the best either.  When you choose to see your account it downloads a pdf file.  I hate that.  So I just went back into my browser and logged in to Medallion.net there and checked out our account.

So far I do like it, especially being able to have my cabin door unlock.  I like the option of knowing where Bernie is on board.  But sadly I find it is really lacking and needs improvement.

So back to our day.  We grab a light breakfast and head ashore.




Walk to one of our favorite coffee shops and enjoy a coffee drink and pastry.  Some shopping and lots of walking.  I stop in and buy some wine (there was no issue bringing it back on - they didn't even say anything).




Here is a list of the tours

Make sure you check out the National Park's tours.  Really inexpensive and very good.  They have a kiosk right at Dufferin Terrace right beside the Chateau Frontenac.

it is just before Halloween and check out this cool display

View of the ship from Dufferin Place

In front of Chateau Frontenac

A unique poutine ad Le Chic Shac

We meet up with Barb and Craig for lunch at Le Chic Shac restaurant.  Great food!

After wandering around for four hours we head back for the ship.





I should say we are in an inside cabin forward.  We have a lovely cabin steward Larry, and the cabin looks lovely.  Bed is very comfortable, although Bernie hates the pillows and it seems we can not find an alternative, but we are working on it.

Bernie realized he forgot his ipod and earphones.  But hey we are sailing into Sydney on Sunday so we are having our nephew deliver it to the ship.  Now that is handy.

Stay tuned for sail away and dinner in Sabatinis.



No comments:

Post a Comment