Saturday, August 4, 2018

Fun Night in Fort Lauderdale


After checking into the hotel I quickly got working on my blog about our travel day.  Bernie crashed -- a soon to be trend I am sure as nothing beats an afternoon nap when on vacation.  

Around 5 pm we are up and out.  We decide to walk down to the shops and restaurants.  Nothing is really far but the heat is oppressive.  

But walking is the way to go as we need to stop at a bank machine, then Total Wine (where we buy two bottles of sparkling wine for celebrations), then dinner and a bit of shopping but we did not buy anything here.  

Dinner was at Carrabba's Italian Grill - there is a location right by Port Everglades too on 17th street.  It is simple, good, and priced well.  And it does the trick.  Oh and the $5 margaritas and $3 beer were even better.

Back at the hotel I am exhausted but it is only 8 pm.  So we watch a bit of our favorite show currently on Youtube - The Block New Zealand (currently on season 5).  But after two episodes I can not keep my eyes open.  It is around 930 pm and I am out for the night.  Understandably I guess since we were up at 3:45, travelled all day and the one hour time change. 

I wake the next morning at 5:30 so I had a good sleep.  That bed was so comfortable.  Again I love the Sheraton brand and they are not disappointing today either.  

I open my eyes and Bernie turns and plays the day's special song - Las Mananitas - here is the video.  


Excited as I always am when I know I am getting on a ship today!  Above is a screen shot of the bridge cam from the Caribbean Princess safety docked at pier 2 in Port Everglades.



No comments:

Post a Comment