Monday, August 13, 2018

Detourist Program





One great thing about the Caribbean Princess is this is the ship that they use to roll out new programs, events, games, etc. 

Something new is the Detourist program. Detourist comes from the words Detour and Tourists.  The key is take a detour from being a “normal” tourist. 


On the first sea day they are numerous events happening for the Detourist program.  The first one is the Curiosity Quiz where you learn about the program and where you fall in the curiosity levels. 

The program is hosted by two cruise staff, Kelly and Jase who are wonderful about making us feel welcome and comfortable and about explaining the program.  Where I would fall on the curiosity level compared to someone else can be very different.  Neither is right or wrong it is just right for you. 

Will you take the challenge to be a more engaged tourist?  Will you try new things?  Connect with new people? Learn the culture?  Take a road less travelled?  Challenge yourself to experience something new?

We are all given wristbands that help identify us and others that are taking part in the Detourist program.


Later on they host a photography as a Detourist but I was unable to attend.

I did attend the afternoon session called Dare to Dare a scavenger hunt for experience junkies.  The premise is to push yourself out of your comfort zone but not so far that you shut down.  We are given examples of where we fall within our comfort zone with some experiences.  If I said would you eat escargot – only you can decide “no way” “I am curious about it” or “darn right I am into it!   How about jumping out of an airplane?  Or singing karaoke?  Or how about singing on stage in the Princess Theater.

The key is to just push yourself a little to try something new to get a more in depth experience when travelling. 

I am so into this.  This is all me.  I am always trying to learn, experience, and push myself.  Sure there are days I totally want to be comfortable and stick to my routine.  

However most of the time I want to keep pushing myself to learn and grow as an individual.

So for the scavenger hunt we are given a card that we can take on some challenges and once completed we can document it with a photograph and we can get a stamp for a completed item.

There are more event throughout the week so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment