Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Morning of the Day at Sea



I wake early.  The seas have us bobbing up and then down, up and then down.  I can see many people not liking this movement.  But for us we love it.

Room service arrives and I got what I added, a bagel with cream cheese.  The crew that delivered was surprised we had not ordered tea or coffee so he brought it just in case.  Nice and very considerate and shows real initiative to take care of the passengers but we don't need it.  Oh I should add I did have my soy milk latte earlier.

I write up my blogs for yesterday and get them posted.  I will add pictures once I get home.

It is cool out, the Patter says 54-59.  Seas are calm but breezy.  You need to buddle up to stay outside.

I see there is a Speedy Sudoku at 9:30 and attend that and did not finish first, but it was fun to participate.  As it is later when we attend trivia.  We did not score high but we did have fun, and learned something too.


Oh guess what!  As we sat in Crooners a large pod of whales swim by.  There was at least 20 of them.  We saw them break the surface and shoot from their spout.  So cool.

There were numerous events happening including Zumba, line dancing (which I did take part in for a few songs), Movie Coco on MUTS, Martini Show, Digital Scavenger Hunt and so much more.





At 11:15 in the Atriuim they held a ceremony for Anzac Day from Australia and New Zealand - similar to our Rememberance Day in November.  Many even wear poppies like we do.  The entire ceremony was quite nice and appreciated that the Ruby Princess honoured it.

For lunch we were going to try the dining room but the queue was so long and they had just opened the door so we ended up heading upstairs to Horizon Court for a nice meal. Plus I love the salad bar.

Oh forgot to mention that we are the Most Travelled Guests on board.  The Captain Circle Host - Rachel calls us to let us know.  


She confirms that we get a dinner for two at a specialty restaurant but the Crown Grill can not accommodate us as they are totally full the next two days.  We are offered Salty Dog, Crab Shack or they would cover the added fee if we dine in the dining room and select the filet and lobster.  

We agree to the Salty Dog for tomorrow at 7 pm.  We also get a commemorative box - which we decline (remember we are getting rid of all our possessions) and she offers to send us chocolates in lieu.  Also a bottle of champagne is also an added treat.

We spot Gidea and she is shocked to see us, we did not even know she was on board. Then Lisa Ball is shocked to see us too.   We feel so blessed.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment