Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Good Morning Ruby Princess


For some odd reason I awake and I glance at the clock.  It is 5:30 am!  What the heck.  Then my next thought is I wonder if I can see the Ruby Princess coming in?

I quickly jump out of bed and low and behold there she is just sailing past. 

Five minutes later and I would of missed her.

It does not happen often that we stay at a place that we get to see the ships coming and going.  And even when we do we are sound asleep preferring it to seeing the pretty ship.

But it was cool seeing her come in and to realize this is the last time in a while that she will be docking here.

I do end up sleeping a bit more and when we both awake we are taking are sweet time.

We decide on a spot for breakfast close by.  Note the hotel has a nice breakfast buffet for $15 per person or an a la carte menu which we have enjoyed previously but want to head out into the community again today.

The hotel also offers a shuttle to the pier for $5 per person but we are going to walk as we are able to physically do it and all we have is carry on bags.  Personally I would skip the shuttle and take an Uber if I had to.

The hotel room is quite good.  The bed is devine!  In fact Bernie wants to take note of the brand and buy similar when we settle.  The room has an iron/board and a small coffee maker - but the cup I brewed was horrible. 

There are some downsides in the room and most have to do with the bathroom.  Where the tap on the sink for the hot water doesn't not stop turning, you have to position just right to have it shut off.  But that is minor and for the great price, and the great location, and the great bed it is certainly worth it.  And boy is it cheaper than Fort Lauderdale.

No comments:

Post a Comment