With Princess you automatically join their loyalty program -- called Captain Circle -- after you have done your first cruise. Every cruise has a Captain Circle host that is there to answer your questions and offer assistance.
Unlike some of the loyalty programs that I have belonged to at home, I actually get a real benefit from Princess' loyalty program.
As soon as you have sailed once with Princess you are now a Gold member, and your cruise card will be Gold. This level entitles you to:
- special pricing that only Captain Circle members get, and even some great last minute deals
- invitation to a special past passenger event on future sailings that is held on one night and there are door prizes and free drinks
- you will receive a Princess Passport and will receive a sticker for each sailing so you can keep track of your cruises
- you will receive a quarterly newsletter that I personally love to receive as you get to hear right away the newest itineraries and really enjoy the recipies and bios and the photo contest which if your photo is chosen you win a free 7 day cruise
- a lapel pin for your level
- all of the above, plus
- cruise atlas mailed to you with the lines itinerary for the coming years
- Princess Platinum Vacation Protection Upgrade, when you purchase Princess Vacation Protection at the standard rate, Princess will purchase an upgrade to Princess Platinum Vacation Protection automatically on your behalf
- Preferred check in and embarkation for you and your family
- Platinum/Elite members lounge. Every night a lounge is allocated to Platinum/Elite members where those members are hosted by the Captain Circle host and offered a drink special each day for $2.99 and a chef serves finger foods
- Disembarkation lounge where you get to relax on the last day where coffee/tea/juice and pastries are served
- Complimentary Internet Packages, each member will receive a credit towards the purchase of a package in our Internet Cafés or on a personal laptop! The package depends on your voyage duration, for 7 days or less 150 minutes, 20 days 250 minutes, 21+ days 500 minutes
- all of the above, plus
- priority tender service, just show up at the gangway and present your card and get right on
- priority disembarkation, all you have to do is let the Circle Host know when you want to disembark on the last day and they will accommodate your request
- complementary shoe polishing
- complementary laundry and professional cleaning
- complementary mini bar set up, once per voyage
- deluxe canapes delivered to your cabin on formal nights
- complementary afternoon tea delivered to your cabin
- upgraded bathroom amenities and toiletries
- 10% off all boutique purchases
- complementary wine tasting
And it doesn't end there, after you have sailed 20 times you will receive a $25 on board credit, after you have sailed 30 times you will receive $50 on board credit, after 40 voyages you will receive $75, and after 50 voyages you receive a $100 on board credit.
In all I have to say after reviewing many different loyalty programs on different lines I have to say I feel Princess has one of the best programs out there and has certainly worked for us as we prepare for our 23 and 24 cruise.
Note this article was written a while ago, since then Princess has updated their loyalty program to add a new category "Ruby" to learn more information check out the website: https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefits.jsp