Tuesday, June 26, 2018

I Hear Back from Best Western with Regards to Our Hotel In Sudbury



Do you remember our hotel in Sudbury?  I am still trying to forget!

If you did not read about it or you want a refresher here is a link to our horrific experience there.

Many of you wrote that I needed to reach out to Best Western to let them know what we experienced.

So I did.

Their Social Media department reached out and got someone from customer service to contact me.  Note though it took me letting them know a second time that I had not heard from anyone 10 days after they said someone would get in touch with me.  I then got an email and a voice mail message from customer service.

They stated in the email they were sorry about our issue with the air conditioning.  

Hmmm obviously there has been a lack of sharing of information as it was a lot more than that.  So I responded to the email with a link to my blog that outlined all the issues.

I called them back yesterday and spoke to a lovely lady from customer service.  She did take the time to read through my blog and was aware of our issues.

They offered to bump us up another loyalty level with Best Western and to give me 6,000 points.  

Fine I said - it is not like I had much of a choice, plus my biggest issue is that they need to fix this problem hotel.  They did say they were investigating into all the issues with this hotel.  

Today I logged into my account with Best Western to see that yes the points have been added. Also I have been bumped up from a blue card to a gold card.  Which really means nothing (similar from blue card with princess to gold card).  

I then went to look to see how many points I needed for a stay and well I can tell you that I don't even have near enough for even a $100 gift card.  So pretty much the points are useless.

At first I thought I would maybe stay at one of their hotels again with what they were offering but with what they actually provided it really is not worth it and I will not be staying there any time soon unless there are no other options in the area.

Sadly Best Western has let us down again.  




No comments:

Post a Comment