Friday, May 4, 2018

Planning a Canadian Road Trip


When we agreed we to drive across the country I was thinking.  Oh crap not again.  I had done it two times prior.  

First when I was 3 years old with my 2 year old sister and parents.  From Kitchener Ontario to Vancouver - don't remember much.

Second was in 1982 when my Mom and I drove from Drummondville Quebec to Vancouver to live.  I was only a teenager and we had to get there quickly.  I wanted to stop more and see more but I was overruled, understandably.

This time I am an adult.  I don't have a schedule and I have the time.

Bernie and I agreed we would take our time driving to Nova Scotia - which is over 6,000 km away!  Or 3,700 miles!   Still a lot.

We have paper maps to actually hold something and plan our routes each day.  Too difficult to do on Google Maps.

I love the Eyewitness Guide Books and thought I should get one for Canada too.  I am loving it!

I have even learned more about my own country from reading it.  

It has given me some ideas of more things to see too.

So for now I am excited about planning this trip too, just like I do any cruise holiday.

2 comments:

  1. a bit ironic........the first thing retired bus drivers do is to take a 6000 km road trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah no kidding. First road trip vacation in 15 years and I wouldn't be doing it if I did not have to take the car there.

      Delete