Wednesday, October 11, 2017

New Internet Plans Being Tested

While I was on the cruise a great friend Monika share a picture of some new internet plans that were being rolled out on a trial bases on the Grand and was wondering if I knew anything.  

Here is the flyer that she sent me. 



Since I was on the Royal at the time I got this I asked my sources on the Royal what they knew and their response was - have not heard about it at all.

So I did share it on my page but it just blew up with so many speculations of what was going to happen and well it just got out of hand that I actually deleted the post until I had factual information. It is amazing how things can grow online and I did not want to be the source of that.  And I have always wanted my facebook page to be one of positivity and respect.

Thankfully, again Monika came through and shared with me the factual response from Princess.  Here it is: 

“We regret that there is misinformation about the new internet packages being trialed on Grand Princess. When the program rolls out fleetwide, guests with Platinum or Elite internet minutes will have three options upon first sign on:

1) Activate their existing minutes, just as before;
2) Upgrade to a package with a larger number of minutes, just as before; or
3) Upgrade to one of the new unlimited packages at a reduced rate, which is what you're describing.



Any Platinum or Elite guests who chooses option 1 or 2 will still be able to access any site they were able to before the new packages rolled out, they are not limited to just the "Social" tier.

As we've said, since this is a trial, there have been a few bugs to work out, and we've heard from our shipboard teams that there were some issues with access to certain websites for Platinum and Elite guests, which I believe is where this rumor is coming from. We hope that helps, and assure you we very much do value our loyal guests.”

So no worries - your Platinum/Elite internet packages are not being taken away, we can all continue to check our facebook and send pics and messages to family and friends and for those that need it, contact work (that four letter word).

Here is an up to date shot of the new internet plans.  Love that you can buy just for 24 hours too.



I hope this answers your questions. Sorry about the colors, will fix when I have access to my computer as typing on tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment