Monday, August 17, 2020

Margaretsville Arrival



We arrive at our Airbnb around 4:30 pm. 





If you have never stayed at an Airbnb I really suggest you check it out.  Here is a link to sign up and save on your first stay.

The spot was very easy to find.  The place looks exactly as described, actually better.



I especially connected with this place because of the name.  Cookie's Cottage.  My Mom use to call me Cookie when I was little.  So when I saw the name here I knew this is where I had to stay.




So peaceful.  

We unload the car, and then we explore the place.



Check out these views of the Bay of Fundy.  Because of marine air you can't see New Brunswick, but just across is the beautiful province of New Brunswick and the Bay of Fundy National Park.  If you have ever been to St. John's you may of done a tour to the park to see the tides.  We are on the Nova Scotia side.  I will get a picture when there isn't any marine cloud so you can see.

As soon as we enter we see a card is addressed to me.  They actually put out a birthday card for me.  Now that is sweet.

The place is very well appointed.  








 




Lots of little things to make our stay so much better.  Beautiful plush towels, bathrobes, nice toiletries, books/magazines, DVDs/CDs, wood for an outside fire.  The kitchen has all the necessary condiments, coffee/tea, even popcorn.  Trust me this is not in every Airbnb, some places there is nothing, not even sugar.  But here there is oil, plastic wrap, baggies, and more.  This place even accepts dogs!  And there is a basket with dog treats and toy.

It is very warm here.  Well actually it has been very hot all over Nova Scotia lately.  We even had a heat warning.  When the owners touched base with us on how everything was we inquired into a fan.  Within no time they were here providing us with a fan.  Again that is not always possible.  In all the Airbnb we have stayed I think we have maybe met our hosts two times.  Here at Cookie's Cottage they are close by and really want to make sure your stay is a great one.

After getting settle, we opened up a bottle of wine and we sat out on the deck and just stared out at the water.  Now we live right near the water, but not right on the water and this is so special.



Dinner is simple.  A few cheeses, some prosciutto, salami, a small flat bread and a few crackers.  Oh and some wine. 




By 10:30 we are both so tired.  We crash with the fan blowing on us and fall into a deep slumber.


No comments:

Post a Comment