Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Cruising Bug Hits Again

 


About two weeks ago as we were settled nicely in our new home Bernie asked "any good cruise deals?"  My response "I don't know I have not looked".

So I took a look and spotted an amazing deal on the Crown Princess Transatlantic.  We had looked at it a while ago but it was high.  But it had dropped.  I am guessing it had cabins it needed to fill.


The next day we jumped and booked it.

We hope to meet up with Federico and Andrea in Genoa too.

It leaves from Rome and sails to Fort Lauderdale.  Two one way flights!  But hey no worries we managed to find an amazing deal to London on Westjets last charter to London from Halifax for the season - $200 per person CANADIAN!  Yup - heck that is a steal.  But that meant we had to go early.

Yeah the low price is great but that now means we have a few more days away and therefore hotel/food costs so really the costs ends up adding up anyways.  But it means some fun time in London and the chance to visit with Michael and his family.

From London we will fly to Rome with Easyjet for a few days before boarding the Crown Princess.

We do have the added issues of having a home now but that has worked out.  Our nephew Kenny that we lived close to in Vancouver is moving home too.  We have offered our place to him until next Spring since we will be away for long periods of time.  It works out for both of us.  We have someone in the house and he has a home.

I am not sure how much blogging I will be doing while sailing.  Priority for my time on board will be towards doing up my port lectures.  But keep checking as I will write and post when necessary.

So that cruise bug struck again, but this is one disease we like.


No comments:

Post a Comment