Friday, March 2, 2018

Monday Evening – The Secret Silk



After a short nap we shower and dress for formal night. 

I will say that I have noticed a lot of lovely dressed passengers.  I would say from what I saw, about 75% of the passengers are dressed in formal attire and the other 25% are smart casual.

After a quick dinner in the Horizon Court where we enjoy a quick bite to eat.  Not very hungry.

We meet up with Todd and Sue in Vines for a drink and then we make our way to the 10:15 Production Show of the Secret Silk.

Here is a video taken from the Wake Show featuring the production show The Secret Silk.




We probably got to the theater at around 9:50 and there were seats still available but maybe not in the prime spots.  We took seats in the front row on the starboard side.

Sorry I am watching the Wake Show and writing at the same time and I keep getting distracted.

Again there are professional looking programs on the seats and we are excited to see the show again.

set before the show


It is hard for me as I don’t want to discuss too much to ruin it for you but I have to say the show is excellent and will keep you intrigued.




The story is clear and I notice a few added words that help with the story line. 

Also I check with Bernie to ask him if he recalls this or that but he says yes to most and maybe to a few other things.




I really catch more the second time.  I get to focus more on the production and the dancers while listening to the music. 











I especially enjoy the puppets and sitting up closely to see them.  However, sitting a bit further back in the center is probably the best to get the full effect.
Wonderful show! 


And on the way out I got to meet John Tartaglia the creator of The Secret Silk, what an honour.

We are back in Vines sitting with friends as Matt hosts the balloon drop and the dancing continues. 

But we are enjoying ourselves talking with everyone. Time flies and we notice the bar is closing, fewer and fewer people are out.  Soon we notice that it is just before 2 am!
Well that was a fun night.

Tomorrow is our last day of this cruise and last day of this amazing holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment