Sunday, March 18, 2018

Home and Dreaming - Where to Next?

Back at work

Even though we were okay with getting off the ship on February 28 after 40 days and to get back to "normal".  

Heck who am I kidding we could of easily have stayed on longer.  But when we know it is over we start thinking of home and what we have to do and we mentally prepare.

When we did get back home and back to work reality quickly sets in.  

Back at work and all I keep thinking is "where is my next adventure".

I am aware that I am not the kind of person who wants to stay in one place long.  I want to explore.  It doesn't have to be fancy either, I just want to see the world.



One exciting thing is that I got to celebrate a milestone at work.  I recently celebrated 20 years on the job as a transit driver.  Although I had a career previously that I went to school for a long time to get I was not happy in that career.

21 years ago I applied to BC Transit (at the time, now Coast Mountain Bus Company) and got hired.  It was the best decision - besides marrying Bernie - of my life.


Check out a picture of my classmates from 1998


Again my wonder lust and my need to explore in my day to day life meant a desk job was not ideal for me.  I love the variety my job brings and the people I get to meet every day, the good and the bad.  The ability to book long vacation times to enable us to travel for a month is a huge positive.  

Also a positive is how nice the weather has been at home.  We came home to green grass and the trees sprouting buds on their limbs.  Flowers peaking out of the ground. Heck the daffodils are blooming.  And then one day we hit record highs - this was taken coming home one afternoon - 22 degrees!  HOT.  Although as I write it is raining outside, but it could be worse.



So now as I drive the bus each day I think "where to next"?  

Of course with Spring season comes re positioning cruises from California to Vancouver and there are quite a few this year that we may be able to jump on.  But can not plan anything yet as Bernie is having Cataract surgery on his first eye at the beginning of April and we don't know when the 2nd one will be (but only a few weeks after first) so we have to plan to sail when he is better.

Also lots of changes happening in our lives this year but can not report about them just yet.  So stay tuned on what is in the future for us.  

3 comments:

  1. Check with the Doctor as to how soon Bernie can fly after surgery. When I had mine done . the surgeon told about six before I could fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh for sure, did not know about that. Six what though? days, months?

      Delete