Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Wow One Million Hits


Some time yesterday the number rolled over and I have now had over one million views to my blog!

Really who would of thought a million times someone clicked to read what we were up to?  

I sometimes wonder if anyone is reading, then I see the numbers.  I now usually get around 2,000 hits a day when travelling, and around 800 a day when not posting.  

If I don't post for awhile I get personal messages wonder what is up and when will I post again.

Although I love doing it, it is beginning to be more of a chore.  It takes up a lot of time while travelling.  Most of our internet minutes are dedicated to the blog and sometimes I find myself doing something on board in the name of research for the blog.  

Although I am a very positive person, and prefer to write about good experiences, it is hard when things are not perfect and I have to be critical and write what I really am experiencing.  

Of course I don't write everything we experience and I try to focus on the necessary things but trust me a lot goes into each blog post and every trip.  I am not compensated at all except for ads that I recently put up on my page (within the past few years) that I make very little from. Certainly would not cover a drink (or half a drink) a day on board.  

I also don't really know what to write many days and then I start a blog and it flows.

I know I won't be blogging in the new year when we head out on my lecturing position.  I want to focus on the job and plus I won't have personal internet to use either.

So I want to thank everyone who has clicked and read a blog post of mine.  I appreciate it and I love hearing from you all.  I especially love when I am approached while on board a ship and told they love my blogs.  It means a lot and reinforces why I do it.

I have made many friends from those encounters and I look forward to meeting more.

Thanks again for following.

Let me know what you like about the blog and if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment