Sunday, November 25, 2018

St. Thomas


I think I was awake until 4 am!  But I am awake at 8 am and I quickly shower.  Again they are shutting down the water at 10 until 1 pm today.  This is the third time we have had a water shutdown since boarding.  Maintenance is always necessary and today is probably the best day for them to do it.

So I shower while Bernie heads out.

I walk around the ship. I especially love the open Promenade deck and being able to walk all away around.  I see we are in port with a NCL ship who is docked right behind us.

Around 11 I meet up with Bernie in the International CafĂ© where we sit and enjoy our hot drinks (yup you guessed it espresso for me). 

The ship is quiet.  A lot of people have gone ashore.  It is a big change from last sailing when the demographics were mainly couples and the average age was older.  Here there are a lot more larger groups travelling together and a more families.  Not that many kids but a few.  Also a lot of newer cruisers.  It is a good mix of people on board.

We sit and watch the happenings on board and catch up and discuss what we have to do when we get off.  We also discuss what has to be done before we head out for such a long period in early January.

We talk about cruising and are we getting bored with cruising – we determine we are NOT.  And laugh that when we were touring around prior to getting on the ship for ten days we were tired of land vacations and the issues with that and couldn’t wait to get on the ship.  Now after 20 some days we are saying are we tired of the routine on ships?  Yeah a little but I am thinking we need to change it up a bit.  I am trying to get Bernie to try some other cruise lines.  We have done Carnival and Royal Caribbean and enjoyed them but we know they are not right for us and our needs.  I am trying to get him to try Celebrity and Holland America.  I know it will not be a long term change but maybe one of the other lines to fill a gap or to add some variety.  I even would like to see what NCL has to offer (but one of their newer ships) Stay tuned. 

My only goal today was to visit one of our favorite shops ashore (Local Color) and to eat some chicken wings at Beers and Tap or is it Tap and Beer.  Either way it is right at the pier and I love their chicken wings. 

Today it is not as crazy in port so I we sit and share a table with a couple from the NCL ship.  Then when they leave a group of four (2 couples) from our ship joins us.  It is always lovely to sit and get to know others.

We end up only being ashore for 1.5 hours but we are okay with that, it is just what we wanted. 

Oh and I love the Christmas decorations – I had to pose with the large Christmas Tree!

Back on board both of us are tired.  We have an earlier departure so the decision is made to return to the cabin and nap. 

After so little sleep last night the one hour cat nap is just what I needed.

Tonight is the Most Travelled Guest Party.  It is being held on a Formal night and we did not bring any formal wear so we dress the best we can and the Captain Circle Host said it would be totally fine.

The event is being held in Adagios.  I like this lounge and it is hilarious that when we are queuing up to get in this woman walks past us on the right to enter Sabatinis and she gives a bunch of us the finger.  Wonder what she is upset about, but I don’t take it personally she obviously is upset at something.  Or maybe she was just exercising her fingers. 

It is fun to enjoy a cocktail – or two, or was it three in the end.  The small foods were very good but for us we are skipping dinner for this and it was a bit too minimal – but for most it is perfect as many have finished dinner or are going to dinner.

It is fun to catch up with our friends.  Sandra the F&B Director, and Angela the Cruise Director sit with us.  We have a lot of laughs!  It is so fun seeing them both again.  

We are all still hungry so we agree to meet up at Vines for sushi and tapas and of course wine.  Diego joins us too.  He is from Uruguay and we talk a bit about his beautiful country and how we can’t wait to go back.

The event Dancing with the Princess Staff is happening tonight and I missed it last sailing and really wanted to see it this time. 

It is where two male passengers and two female passengers are teamed up with a cruise staff and they dance and they are voted on and it is determined who is being let go until we have a winner.  It is cute – I especially liked the behind the scenes shots that Angela hosted with the loosing teams.
Off to bed. Tomorrow is Grand Turk.  Haven’t been here all year and looking forward to heading ashore and celebrating Sandra’s birthday with her.

Cheers everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment