Friday, November 16, 2018

Crown Princess Sea Day Update



Wanted to drop in and write what has been happening. 

Sun is shining, decks are filling up.  Seas have calmed and people are happy – or are they? 

Like I had mentioned a few days ago the people on board seem happier and kinder than other longer voyages.  People talk to each other in the elevator.  Conversations seem to start on a positive note rather than a negative comment.  

People are quick to smile and say good morning.  It is nice to see.

Now trust me there are the complainers and the rude passengers but I am trying to ignore them. 

A big issue seems to be the coffee cards.  Yes it is a pain that they are no longer offering the paper cards and they are no longer valid after the end of the year.  I did confirm with the Hotel General Manager that ALL coffee cards expire as of December 31, 2018.  Someone mentioned on my Facebook page that they heard some with no expiry date were good till summer of 2019 but this is new to me.  

Would be great if it does happen.

Currently passengers are insisting that they get free coffee with their old cards for free, they don’t want to offer them to be punched.  Others refuse to show their cruise cards to servers when ordering as they don’t want to have they electronic coffee cards punched (well electronically punched).  Some are so rude that they have yelled at the crew.  No one deserves this! So smarten up if you are reading this and you are doing this.  But I know most of you are wonderful and kind to the crew and that warms my heart.  Anyone who has worked in a service industry knows how hard it is to work with the public.

With so few kids on (but there are a few, I think maybe 4 kids in total) and no teenagers they have opened up the teen club so we can play skeetball, ping pong, foosball and more.  I so want to attend but I am here in the cabin writing the blog and then I have to write up my presentation for Montevideo.

Yes I have been busy doing up my presentations.  Every sea day I spend around five hours in the afternoon working on them.  Currently I have finished, St. Thomas, Barbados, Antigua, Trinidad, Fortaleze, Salvador, and Rio de Janeiro.  Still a lot more to go but I am making headway. 

I have really enjoyed doing them up but it is a lot of work.  Sure hope I get a second contract in South America so I can reuse the presentation.  Once you have them done it is easier and easier and all I will need to do is update them. 

Just finished Rio and have to say I think it will be fun – I’ve included lot of music, pictures, and videos so they get a real feel of the city. 

Love that the Crown Princess has a full Promenade.  Now that it is open (it was closed off when we had the rough seas) I am out there each day doing my laps.  Although today it was difficult.  Lots of people and lots of dodging around others.  Tomorrow I will try and go earlier or later.
Yesterday and today they are having the Captain Circle Party.  With 1800 Platinum and Elites they are having numerous parties. 

Yesterday we still had not received our invite so we just assumed it would be for Tuesday the 13th.  But when we opened our cabin door to go out for the evening Monday night there was our invite.  However, it was for the same night!  Monday night at 7:15 the 12th!  That was 45 minutes away and we did not feel like dressing up as we are planning a casual evening.  So I am a little disappointed that the invite was not delivered earlier.  I am sure if I really want to I can attend Tuesday’s (tonight’s) party but we are thinking of passing. I heard that last night’s party was not the best.  We just may go to a bar and order and drink and pay for it and enjoy it with less crowds.  We will see.

Our Cruise Director Angela and her assistant Emily are doing a great job at the Wake Show.  I love that they are filming all over the ship. They have done shows on the M5, Laundry, Crew Mess – makes it fun to watch.  Great job ladies.

Well off to write my port lecture for Montevideo, Uruguay – hope some of you will be on with me for the 49 day Grand Adventure so I have some friendly faces in the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment