Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Sea Day Sea Day Sea Day Times Well Too Many To Count


Yup three sea days.  And boy was the ship moving.  Sure we have been in rough seas and this is not the worst seas we have experienced but it is certainly the longest stretch of rough seas we have ever had.  

Although since this cruise is full of seasoned cruisers it appears that most are enjoying the movement and love the rocking to sleep each night.  However I keep hearing from crew that are having a tough time.  Some this is their first contract and they have been sailing around the Med all season and this is the first time they are experiencing this much movement.  Poor guys.

But most of the crew that have a few contracts under their belt are going with the flow literally.  You flow to the left, then you flow to the right.  It is a real dance.

For Bernie and I it was fun and we managed and neither felt ill.  But boy trying to have shower now that was a test.  I always wondered about that bar in the shower and now I know why.  I hold on to the bar, lather up with one hand.  Yup I had to hold onto the bar.

I was up on deck the other day and witness this bar staff getting drinks from the Calypso pool and it was really blowing and the ship was moving. As she tried to carry the drinks on a tray a supervisor came over and helped her out by carrying one of the drinks.  That really impressed me.

I really don’t know what to write about sea days.  We really are not that interesting.  So I will write some observations.
Passengers are great, I am actually surprise.  Of all the longer voyages that have higher end elites on it (remember cut off for the Most Travelled Party was 638 days!) we noticed usually more demanding rude passengers.  But sure they are on here but most are very nice.  People engage with you in the elevator, at meals, and even in games. 

This is a great group and we have met more people on this voyage than we have on our 40 days in the Caribbean.

Elevators have been quick and not a long wait.  Not sure why, I can’t explain it.  There are a lot of elderly on board and many passengers that require the elevators but there is never that long to wait for an elevator.  I think once we were in a full elevator with others waiting.  

The Captain closed the gym down when the movement was too much for our own safety.  Outside Promenade deck was closed completely after we left Ponta Delgada.  The top decks are very windy.

I watched a movie at MUTS the other night and it was not that cold but very windy.  Bernie had me wrapped up in three blankets like a burrito.   All the pools have been drained and most of the whirlpools.   Although I believe they have been filled again.

The Platinum Elite Lounge is a huge hit.  They know what they are doing here.  Because of the high numbers they are holding the event in Club Fusion.  The chef that handles the food station is unbelievable attentive.  Assisting passengers back to their table because the movement is so much.  

When they ran out of sushi the other day he promised to come look for me to deliver me some.  There are so many bar staff walking around taking orders and cleaning plates.  Every day we see at least one officer in the lounge walking around.  Again I am very impressed.  

Entertainment is outstanding.  Loving the shows, lectures, games, and the music!  Icon is back on board and they are great especially in the Caribbean.   It really takes a great Entertainment team to keep so many people occupied on a trans Atlantic cruise, with ten sea days out of a 14 day cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment