Friday, November 16, 2018

More Sea Days



Sorry about not doing day to day blogs but there are times when I just don’t know what to write.  So I write when I feel like I have something to share.

Today I have something to share.

I was excited to see on the Wake Show that they were offering a special lunch today.  Curry in a Hurry it was called.  Not probably the best name as it was in no way in a hurry, in fact curries take days to blend and cook to get the “real” flavor.

This meal was offered in the Crown Grill from 11:30 to 1:30 for a nominal fee of $12 per person.  For us we love the specialty venues.  It gives us a chance to try something new.  Because we are at sea a lot in a year we find we get bored with what is available.  All is good, but it is nice to try something new.  Today’s lunch was just what we needed.

When we arrive they ask if we had a reservation, but we did not but I knew it would not be full.  They only advertised it on the Wake Show and that was it.  Today it is in the Patter but it does not say to make a reservation so we knew to take our chances.  Sure enough we arrived shortly after it opened and we were sat right away at a lovely booth overlooking the Promenade. 

The atmosphere is wonderful with Indian music playing and all the servers are from India (expect one who was from the Philippines but was from India for the day he said). 

The meal started with a yummy bowl of Mulligatawny Soup with a bit of spice.  Bernie loved it, he makes it often at home and it was almost as good as his.  Then a starter of Vegetarian Samosas or a combo of one samosa and a Shrimp Haryali. 

For the entre you had a choice – see the picture.  I chose the Chicken Tikka Marsala.  Again an amazing dish!  Very flavourful, not too spicy but spicier than what you get in the buffet.

I am full now…. But they do bring us dessert.  It is something I have never seen before.  Rasmalaland Gajjar Ka Halva which is a sweet pressed milk curd and carrot pudding.  I loved the Rasmalal and Bernie preferred the Carrot Pudding (even with the raisins).

We left full and pleased.  I would love to see this offered on other ships.  Even the idea of trying different cuisines.  I would love to see Thai, Filipino, hmm what others – do you have an idea? 

No comments:

Post a Comment