Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Grand Turk

It was a later arrival and this meant we could have a guilt free sleep in.  

I didn't even get moving until 10 am.  And even then I made it just a few feet away from my cabin to the Atrium to get my espresso.

Now as many of you already know the coffee cards with expiry dates of December 31st expiry soon.  We have one left and it still has a few punches left.

The woman in front of me is ordering a brewed coffee.  She is a first time Princess cruiser.  The staff ask her if she has a drink package or coffee card.  She does not and was not aware that there was a cost for the brewed coffee here as she always gets her coffee upstairs.  The crew member (who I will not identify but is someone we don't know that well) as her if she would like to buy a coffee card!  A whole card.  He told her the price and then she asked how much was just the coffee.  I was appalled that this guy would try and sell her a full coffee card on the second to last day.

I immediately put my card forward and said take her coffee out of my card.  She thanked me and I said no problem.  The card was actually given to me by a person who reads my blog who wasn't going to be cruising anymore so I am paying it forward.  But shame on that guy.

Surprisingly it is not too crazy here.  I really had anticipated that it would be busy with people wanting to get off the ship as soon as possible.  But nope, in fact even when the ship got clearance there were not the hundreds of people crowding the stairs and hallways trying to get off.  

The dining room was also open for lunch today.  I guess since we are technically at sea until 1 it is open.

The funny comment I heard this morning at around 11:30 was a woman who leaned over to ask me what island that was we were passing.  I politely responded "Grand Turk".  We were so close you could see the buildings and the lounge chairs.  

It is a pretty sail in and it is always nice to get out and enjoy the sail in.

Today we are heading ashore to celebrate a friend's birthday.  We were a large group and we had a great time.  And what an amazing view.  

We are the only ship in port and we don't leave till late so we take our time going back on board.

It is around 4 pm when we are back in the cabin and we are both tired and those drinks at lunch are making us very sleepy.  We sleep until 7 pm and we shower and dress casually and head up to the Horizon Court for Mexican Meal.  It was okay, it normally is one of our favorites but this ship just does not do buffets well.  

One thing I really enjoy is the salad bar.  Even though this ship has lots of options for the salad the lettuce mix is often not rinsed dry enough and often is very damp and watery.  I hardly put any dressing on my salad and good thing as the tablespoon of water residue at the bottom of the bowl is just gross.

Both of us do not feel like drinking or even being very social.  All I feel like doing is walking.  We head up to the sports deck and I do 16 laps around while Bernie putts.  We then grab a seat in the aft area and enjoy the peace and quite and the views.

Overall it was an amazing day.  Tomorrow is our last day on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment