Wednesday, November 8, 2023

We Are Off


The day started early!  Even though our flight isn't until 11:30.  We live a distance from the airport and after getting to the airport we breezed through check in.  Security was so smooth.  Mind you the airport isn't huge so that helps.

They actually had the Nexus/Global Entry Line open.  Usually it isn't.  And yes it has been streamlined and we didn't have to take off our shoes, or remove our computer.  Easy peasy.  So glad to have Nexus.

So proud of us too.  We each have a medium size bag and a roller carry on.  Not bad for 3.5 months away.  It does help that most of the trip will be in warm weather.  Although we did have to pack a sweater and cardigan for Europe for the cooler nights.   But we also have our snorkel gear.  But last year with South America/Antartica we had an extra bag just for the warm weather clothes.

We fly to Montreal and then a long layover of 6 hours before our direct flight to Barcelona.

We are now at Montreal airport and we are using our lounge access passes in the International area to kill time.


Bernie just got a bite to eat and well I went for some wine.  

One thing I have not shared with others is how I sometimes suffer with anxiety.  Usually lots of noises, or disturbances can really bother me.  Large crowds too.  It is something I have had for a long time.   I remember going to Expo 86 in Vancouver and the large crowds at the end of the night freaked me out,  but back then there wasn't words to explain what was happening.

Today I know more and I can recognize it and know more of what to do.  Airports and planes are the worst.  I now listen to calming sounds.  Like the ocean, a crackling fire and even harp sounds.  It works!  

With a 6 hour layover I knew the lounge would be key.  Also travelling with Bernie helps a lot.  He knows me and he knows what I need.   

But for me the worst part of travel is the plane and airport.  


Thanks for following and allowing me to share.  


No comments:

Post a Comment