Monday, October 18, 2021

Covid Test Nervousness- Did We Pass


Like mentioned in previous posts, we required a negative Covid test to enter the United States within 72 hours.  Then we need the test to get on the ship within 2 days of boarding.  Both only required rapid Antigen.

For us in Nova Scotia the only place to get is in Halifax.  So we booked with thru Praxis who have sites all over Canada.  The cost was $70 plus tax. 

We booked it just over a week ago and had to pay when you book.   

We were in Halifax a half hour early and good thing as I directed Bernie to the wrong spot, but no worries the right spot was only 15 minutes away on foot.  

Test was much deeper than other tests we have gotten but still painless and Bernie didn't get a nose bleed like 2 times ago.  

We were told results would be in an hour to 2 hours.

Decided why not check out the mall.  But really! Who wants to buy anything when you know your bag is packed and under weight, so don't push it.  So we wandered.

A lovely lunch at Moxies was needed as I was impatient.  I must of refreshed that email screen every few minutes.  Then the 2 hour mark hit and I am like "where are my results"?

We went to visit our dear friend Janice for tea and a catch up.  She could see how I was.....   where are those results?

In the end it took just over 3 hours to get the results.

Ohhh. Yeah!   

Both negative!  Although I knew this was the most probable outcome you still wonder.

We are now at the ALT Hotel at the airport.  Stunning view!  Tomorrow all we have to do is cross the walkway to the airport for our 630 am flight.

Can't believe I am getting on a plane!  It has been since March 2020 when we struggled to get home from Santiago.  

Am I a little nervous, well sure.  But we are being smart.  Got my sanitizer, my chlorex wipes, n95 masks and my excitement.

Side note I won't be blogging like I usually do as this time we are not guests, I am the lecturer, plus I really don't have the time.  

I will occasionally drop a blog here if I feel I have something to help others, especially with covid and all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment