Monday, October 11, 2021

Preparing for Cruising With Covid


As fun as it is planning a cruise and booking everything, doing so with Covid does add more variable and that equals stress for me.

This trip involves a lot of bookings!  

  • Covid test before flight
  • Hotel at airport prior to flight
  • Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
  • Flight to Los Angeles 
  • Covid test in Los Angeles
  • Hotel in Los Angeles
  • Flight Home
Currently my inbox is full of all these confirmation.  And both cruise lines Celebrity and Princess have been very helpful with any questions.

Now normally, I would book and then forget about it.  But of course I can't.  So many things change and change often.  Rules for entry, flying, borders, boarding a ship and testing.

We are trying to stay home as much as possible and away from others just in case.  Although cases are very low in our Province and very very very low in our region.  But best to be safe.  So this is a worry.

Booking tests is just part of travel now.  It is getting easier to find and do, but if you are Canadian in the United States it isn't so easy.  One reason I hope the cruise lines implement testing at the pier for non US citizens.

All my prep work is now done - thank goodness.  Trying to complete 6 presentations in 4 weeks is crazy.  Normally I take 40 hours to do just one presentation, but I made it work by working 10 hour days for the past 3 weeks.  And thankfully these ports I know so very well and have lots of information and pictures.  

The next big thing is getting the house ready for when we go.  We just moved here in April and we LOVE it here and I am actually sad to leave it, but especially sad to leave all the great neighbours we have and the little ones.

We once again have our nephew moving into the house while we are away.  It works out great for him as he works close by.  

But we are back just before Christmas so putting up Christmas lights in October does seem odd.  But they won't when I light them remotely from my tablet somewhere on the ocean.

Today we started pulling out clothes and trying things on and making piles - needs washing, needs mending, needs ironing. The suitcases are super excited to see the light of day.

Oh and other great news, we have had numerous friends book on the Majestic because we are there.  

So one week today!  But who is counting.






No comments:

Post a Comment