Sunday, May 30, 2021

A Hummingbird Poses for the Camera

 

When I lost my Mom ten years ago this month I always felt when I saw a hummingbird it was my Mom connecting back with me when I needed her.

So many occasions a hummingbird would appear completely out of the blue and I would know.  

Crazy coincidences!

When we sold our condo and decided to start the process of moving we moved into a very very small one bedroom condo.  We sat out on our deck and we talked.  Are we nuts, how are we doing to manage living in this 600 sq ft home.  Are we doing the right thing.  

Bam a hummingbird showed up at the feeder right then.  I knew we were doing the right thing.

When we travelled to Peru for our journey it was tough. It pushed us emotionally to question things, search out answers and to realize so much.

I never blogged about that trip but it was a life changing trip.  Every day!  I mean EVERY day a hummingbird showed up in one way or another.  






When we moved to Nova Scotia we dutifully set up our hummingbird feeder.  But sadly in the 3 years we were there not a single one came to the feeder.  

Two weeks ago we set up our feeder on the window of our dining room window, plus two other feeders.  Within an hour one bird had visited.  Since then we have had numerous pairs.


sorry it is not the best shot, we were just so excited

Then the next day we set up our security cameras.  When the cameras came on they detect motions/sound and they record.  We got a notification that the backyard camera was triggered.  

Imagine my giddiness when I saw this video.  




Yes I can sense my Mom would be happy with our move.  


No comments:

Post a Comment