Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Cabo San Lucas


Well I wish I could say it was all exciting and have amazing things to report but it was a great day but nothing crazy.  For two old folks (yup I actually feel old on this ship).

We did not arrive in Cabo until later and because of a later arrival it meant when we dropped anchor the tender queues were LONG. Now I am thankful I am elite and we did not have to wait too long.  Sadly everyone else had around an hour wait to get on a tender.  That is what happens when everyone decides to go ashore at once and it is a tender operation.  Will add that I thought the cruise staff handled it very well and very professional.

For us we walked along the boardwalk around and around and around.  Have to say I find this the most annoying thing about Cabo because you are constantly turning down people who are trying to make a living.

When we finally got to the main drag we started walking inland.  We were on a mission and we got there finally.  Our favorite little haunt – the Burro Locco.  Nothing fancy, in fact it is so far from fancy but it is really authentic.  They don’t have a liquor license so we just get a beer from the store across the street and drink it there.
We walk away STUFFED.

Back track to the ship and we are back on board before 3:30. 

Like I said nothing exciting but people want me to report.
I have been enjoying my cruise as a passenger.  I have read two books!  I barely got through one book the entire 49 days. 

I also tried the Enclave and really enjoyed it but it was rather busy so will have to seek out a quieter time later.

The cruise is a younger demographic and a lot of newer cruisers.  It is very different than the last cruise.  Not in a good way or a bad way just different.  At first it was great, it felt like life was blown back into the ship with lots of people and energy.  But it also meant it was much busier and louder and we started to miss the regulars we always saw – especially those of you in Vines every night – you know who you are. 

So which is better – who knows, they are both good just different.

No comments:

Post a Comment