Saturday, March 23, 2019

70 Days on the Royal Princess


We have just completed 70 consecutive days on the Royal Princess after joining January 12.

Of course the last 56 have been as the Destination Expert on board.  Where I was hired as a guest entertainer to give lectures on every port.

I also had two hours of desk duty each day.  Where guests (and some crew) were able to come and ask me questions.

One thing I will start by saying is I loved the job.  I wasn't sure how I would feel about it but I really did enjoy it.

Was it hard - oh yeah.  But was it fun - oh yeah.

The things I thought would be easier were harder and the areas I thought would be difficult were easier that I thought.

In the end I am glad I did it.  I know I made a difference for the better in many guest's eyes.  And ultimately that is what it is all about.

I learned so much from the guests too.  Areas I really did not consider.  Like mobility issues, what a child on board may be interested in, how someone might be an aid for someone in a wheelchair, and how I can make each of them have a memorable time in port.

I have received numerous positive comments.  In fact I can barely walk out in the public area a few feet without someone saying something nice.  

I feel like I have made thousands of new friends.  Well I know I have made thousands of new friends.

I certainly saw a different side of cruising (both good and not so good).  

I am really proud of the job I did and as of right now I am not sure what the future holds and if I will be offered another contract or even if I want to do it again.  Time will tell and I am open to what lies ahead.

For those of you on board, both crew and guest, thanks for making our time on board as Destination Experts a memorable one.


No comments:

Post a Comment