Sunday, August 7, 2022

Packing! Preparing for Travel


Well it is time to pack.  Not one of my favorite things to do.  But I must say I do have it down to a science now.  

First - we love that we now have enough space in this house to actually dedicate a room for packing!  Crazy I know.  

The room keeps getting things added to it starting about 2 weeks before we leave.  

Anything we think we might need goes in there somewhere.  

The suitcases are thrown on the bed, but never getting filled until just a few hours before we leave.

I pull out a lot of my clothes and I try on everything!  Yup everything.  Does it fit?  Does it need repair?  Then I match it with corresponding items (pants/shorts etc.).  It must be able to go with at least two items or it gets put back in the closet.

I separate the piles of "approved" clothes into evening and daytime and then work my way to my shoes.  I am good with limiting shoes, but still bring two pairs of dressy shoes, 2 pairs of flip flops, runners and a pair of flats to wear during lectures.

I then can match up what jewelry to bring and accessories (namely one purse, but I do bring a few shawls too).

Bernie takes care of all the necessary medication we may need.  He is a walking pharmacy I swear! 

We will also bring some laundry Tide Pods to do wash (note even though we are Elite normally, we don't have any status when working as guest entertainers).

Because we are driving to the port there are a few items we are bringing that we may not of brought if we were flying due to weight limits.  For example a few books and a pair of binoculars.

What is your packing routine?  

We have some friends from British Columbia that are visiting Nova Scotia while we are away so we offered our house to them while they are here.  So we need to do a good cleaning!  Sorry we will miss them though, but glad we can help out.

Stay tuned for more details as we travel.  

Note we won't have wifi when we are on the ship so although I will be blogging, it won't be live blogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment