Must be time for another cruise as I am starting to dream about cruising and vacation. Unfortunately it is still two months till our Panama Cruise on the Island Princess.
This cruise starts in Vancouver and sails to San Francisco on a two day cruise. Then it sails 15 days San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale.
Originally we booked just the second leg along with our friends Jerry/Rose and Karin/John who we have sailed with prior (Golden in May, Star in November). We snagged cabins near each other and Bernie and I thought we would just book the two day Vancouver/San Fran leg when the price came down.
We watched and watched and it seemed like Princess was holding cabins for the entire 17 day trip as there were insides available for the entire 17 days, but the same cabins were not available for just the 2 day cruise. We could understand why Princess would want to sell 17 days instead of just 2 days then a 15 day cruise. But final payment came and went and still these cabins were being held as a 17 day cruise. We waited longer and now it is four weeks after final payment and the price of balconies has come down and is cheaper than outsides. Guess they are trying to see the higher cabins, keeping the cheaper ones for last minute deals? Who knows... I am not use to this. We have done these repos for three years now and by now the price has gone down. It certainly has for the other repos.
Last night we both decided we were tired of waiting and we booked the two day. The price was still good but you can't help saying to yourself would it go down. The main reason we booked is that our cabin that we are doing the 15 days on is still available so we won't have to change cabins. If it would of been taken I think we wouldn't of cared and would of just waited it out and settled for whatever we got.
I am relieved, I no longer have to check the sites for better prices -- and rest easy knowing I don't have to pack up after two days and change cabins in San Francisco.
Now back to my dreams.... 8 weeks!