Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Princess EZ Air - Always Check!


On our last cruise we tried Princess Air for the first time.  The price was right and the routing and airline was even better.  

We did encounter a few hicups with it.  The flight we booked was an American Airlines flight but operated by British Airways. Our booking number was an American Airlines booking number.  When we tried to check in for the flight 24 hours prior to departure it would not recognize that booking number.  

After a few calls.  First to British Airways who said you don't have a booking with us.  Okay that freaked me out a bit.  To calling American Airlines and asking why don't I have a booking number!  Their response was you do, but it is a different one for British Airways.  This new number worked thankfully but why did they not have reference to this new number anywhere on my booking.

For our next trip to Fort Lauderdale we once again investigated the Princess Air. Again the price was comparable and the routing was good.  The price was the same as we could do independently but we did not have to pay for the flights until final payment and that was our biggest incentive.

I regularly check our flights (from past experience things change) whether I book with agent, Princess or independently.  Princess is good about letting us know when there is a change if the airline lets them know.  The key here is "if".  

So yesterday I was in my personalizer and checked the flight and see we are still on the original flights.  I then take the booking number and check with the airline to see if it is the same.  Always go to the airline's website to confirm.  

Guess what the airline is showing us on a later flight out of Fort Lauderdale, but same flight from Dallas. Not a big deal, but we were not notified of this change.  Also according to my Princess Personalizer the original flight is still there.  I just left it to deal with later.

Today I get an email about itinerary change from Princess to my flight.  However it is not showing the change, in fact it is showing the original flight. Hmmm I am confused. I go to the airline and yup the change is there.  We are on the later flight, so what is up with this email.

Send a message to my travel agent (always good to have an amazing travel agent) who confirms that yes the flight has change and the later flight is the correct one.

So the moral of this whole story is - Airlines will make changes at their whim.  The original flight is still there but they decided to move us.  We are okay with the change as this means we are not in a rush to get off the ship.  But it is key for you to check occasionally (or have your travel agent check) to see if anything is different.


No comments:

Post a Comment