Saturday, August 27, 2022

Two Sea Days Heading Down to Newfoundland

picture taken in Halifax but this is how quiet it was today

After two port days I know we are ready for a sea day.  I believe the guests are too.  Unfortunately the weather is misty and does not make sitting out very comfortable.

I did try to sit on a bench under cover to watch Bohemian Rhapsody under the stars - correction under the clouds, but just too cool and damp.  

Of course this makes all the indoor public areas very very busy.  Impossible to find a quiet spot.  Even Skywalkers is busy and people are playing cards and for me to be able to write and read I need quiet.  Oh and sitting in the International Cafe is impossible.  I think I maybe have gotten a seat once or twice.  They are hugely coveted.  Of course this is all because the weather is not conducive sitting outside.  Another itinerary that is warmer would be completely different.

picture taken in Halifax but this is how quiet it was today


Also today the Captain came onto the Public Address and into the cabins this morning.  You know it is important.  Covid cases have been rising and they are asking guests to be diligent.  Wash your hands, wear a mask and report to medical if you have symptoms.  

I have noticed more are wearing masks in public.  Note too that everyone on the sailing is fully vaccinated and boosted.  It was required because of the length of the voyage.

I have been careful, but so many guests have been chatting with me without masks so I have brought my own supply of tests and have tested every few days.  So far, all negative and I feel great.

I have my Newfoundland presentation today at 1 pm.  It requires a few props and logistics so I have to take more time getting ready.  I am sure it will be busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment