Saturday, August 20, 2022

What Should of Been Nuuk



Ahhh  nothing better than sleeping in.  I shower and dress for my lecture.  A quick bite to eat at the IC and I meet up with Bernie in Explorers Lounge.  We read and chat with some of the guests.  

My lecture is at 2 pm but I need to set up early.  I always try to get there a half hour early to make sure everything works.  And trust me, there have been numerous occasions where I have needed that extra half hour.  If I have no issues then that is great and I mix with the passengers and chat with them.  

People are disappointed that we missed Nuuk, but these seasoned cruisers seem to understand. However, a woman did complain to me "the Captain should of sailed in, the storm was not bad according to my weather app".  I so wanted to say, but did not, maybe the bridge needs to consult "your" weather app.

I should also add that internet signal is very sporadic. So do not rely on it if you are doing this itinerary, especially in the north. 

I have been added to the schedule for today, because of the sudden sea day.  Today I am doing my 9/11 lecture, the Day The World Came to Gander Newfoundland at 2 pm. Unfortunately it is in Explorers Lounge and it just can not hold that many people (maybe a few hundred).  We are sitting in the lounge and at 1245 it is getting really crowded. I second guess myself thinking hmmm is my lecture at 1?  Because there is barely a seat available, but nope it is at 2pm these people are smart, they found a seat.


It soon becomes apparent that there are a lot of guests who want to see it, but can't.   After the presentation I head to the cabin and call the entertainment director Madison and she says she already has had four calls from guests upset that they could not see the show.  I tell her that I am more than happy to redo the presentation on the original date in the princess theater.  Easy enough for me to do and really, if it makes the guests happy, I am happy.

Tonight we enjoyed a great meal in the Palm dining room and the went early to the theater, in order to get seats, to see Bravo.  It has been ages since we have seen this show and this cast truly did an outstanding job.  So happy we got to see it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment