Tuesday, August 16, 2022

First Sea Day - Afternoon and Evening


The ship is busy.  I know there are just over 2,700 guests. with half being platinum and elite.  There are 4 Captain Circle Parties over 2 days.  But as it is a sea day, and it is cool outside everyone is crowded inside.  

The cruise staff have an abundance of activities to do. 

I shower and dress for my first lecture.  I show up a half hour early and I am glad I did.  I seem to always have issues with sound from my presentation onto the screen.  Today it happened again.  The production team again are amazing.  They worked hard to get it working but I am thinking I am going to have to figure out a solution, as this is becoming a real pain.  

The theater was very busy.  I am guessing about two thirds full!  The lecture is all about the Halifax Explosion of 1917 was well received.  I had lots of great feedback.  One woman came up and thanked me so much.  Her great uncle was blinded by the explosion and she did not know the full story, now she does.  A lot of people commented that they were not even aware of the explosion.


After the lecture I quickly went back to the cabin to change and then up to the buffet to eat something as it is now 2 pm and I haven't eaten since 830.  

One great thing about the Caribbean Princess is the promenade deck.  I head out and sit on a teak chair and watch the sea go by.  Ahhhhh  can you hear it?  The waves crashing?  Can you feel the salt air hitting your face?  Well I sure did.  I must of spent 40 minutes out there taking deep breaths and enjoying the moment and realizing how blessed I am.

Tonight is formal night and we have decided to have an easy night.  Maybe a cocktail or two then dinner upstairs at the buffet.  And this is exactly what we did.  Food on board has been very very good.  

Went and ironed a few blouses that needed it badly.  On the way back to the cabin two women recognized me as the lecturer and we had a lovely conversation.  They are looking forward to the next one.  Love it, I am doing my job if people are learning something about this beautiful area.

I really need a good night's sleep and I am determined to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment