Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Halifax Sail In



Well I did crash very early!  But at 1 am after 4 hours of sleep the rocking of the ship and all the creaking that comes with it woke me,  yes there is movement.  I have done this itinerary to Halifax numerous times.  Today we are experiencing a bit of weather which makes the sailing a little rough.  Now I say a little rough but I am sure many would it is really rough.  

Drawers would slide open, bathroom door creeks open and slam closed.  Until I am tired of hearing it and get up and close it.  Bu truly the feeling of being rocked to sleep is very comforting to me.  And trust me I have experienced much much worse seas.

So I lay in bed, as Bernie softly snores.  I am jealous of how easy he can sleep through anything.  I read!  Love that I cam read undisturbed on a cruise and I anticipate a few books being read this voyage.

But I put the book away when my eyes start to get heavy.  But!  Do you think my mind would shut off?   Nope.  I am running thru parts of my lectures in my head.  Ideas to add to them enter my thoughts.  No I can't add more, or could I.  I will need to find some wifi to figure some things out but if I can I will.  

I do dose off for a while longer but the next time I open my eyes it is 6 am so I quietly gather a few items, dress and sneak out.

We don't dock until 8 am but I have never been awake for sail in so I thought I would like to get some pictures.

Light rain is falling but the wind on the open decks in the open ocean is brisk!  

I walk thru the World Fresh Marketplace, grab an egg (which sadly was cold) and a roll and a mango fruit smoothie.  I take a seat in the aft area as it is very quiet here and I want to leave the prime seats for the guests.

Once again the crew are so attentive and helpful.  My coffee cup never sees the bottom as it gets constant refills before I can even ask.  I forgot to get ketchup but the lovely waiter says no sit, I will get it for you.  Oh, can I take them home with me.

The sun (I know it is there somewhere) slowly rises.  But rain is in the forecast.  But the earth is happy to get it after such a long period of extreme heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment