Friday, August 19, 2022

2nd And Third Sea Day


The seas have been very nice.  Today we even saw a lot of whales. These are mainly pilot whales. Saw them all over, all day.  Scan the horizon and watch for spray from the blow holes.

It really has been uneventful.  We wake up, have breakfast, once in dining room next day in buffet.  

Finding a spot to sit inside during the day is hard.  The weather is cold with the wind and that means everyone is inside.  

Lots of activities happening, games, cards, movies, lectures (including mine) and then some meals.


I am presenting my lecture about Cape Breton today.  I really wanted to make it special, have those attending to understand, feel how hard it is in Cape Breton for the fishermen, the coal miners etc.  But I also make sure to share some great music too.  It was very well attended, I would guess 70% in the Princess Theatre.

In the afternoon the Captain comes on the PA and you always know that something is up.  There is a bad weather system further north.  If we continue we will have to really slow down and it will be very rough and we would be very delayed into Nuuk.  It has been decided that due to the weather the port is being cancelled.  

Yes this is disappointing.  However our Captain and his team are professionals and their first priority is the ship and those on her.  

I immediately head to the cabin and call the Entertainment Director to see if I can be of any help with a lecture for the unexpected sea day instead of Nuuk.  Madison agrees and decides to have me present my 9/11 the day the world came to Gander Newfoundland at 2pm in Explorers in a few days time.  Princess Theater is not available as they are getting ready for Bravo tonight.  

Dinner tonight is in the Palm Dining room.  We have enjoyed dining here.  It seems quieter than the other 2, and we haven't had a problem getting a table.   Food has been outstanding all over the ship.  I think I can only recall one fish dish that was dry all others have been very good.

We are up at Skywalkers dancing and drinking.  Oh my, not use to drinking this much, and although I am nowhere near drunk, I do have a good buzz and I end up just leaving my last drink there.  Thankfully we danced a lot too.   

I crash but wake up and take an aspirin just in case.  But I have a great sleep in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment